You don't have to be up before the rooster crows to enjoy this farm inspired dish. Join us 'round the breakfast table and enjoy farm fresh ingredients like eggs, milk, cheese, bacon, and best of all... Pure Maple Syrup!
Feel free to swap out some of the ingredients for your favorite alternatives. Don’t you love how versatile this recipe is? We like using homemade venison bacon (we're hunters) instead of pork bacon. And although garden potatoes would fit better with our theme here, tater-tots are the only form of potato our kids will eat at the moment. Pick your battles, right?
Farmer's Breakfast Skillet Recipe (Serves 4)
2 T butter
Tator-tots* --enough to loosely cover bottom of pan
1/2 lb bacon 4 eggs
1/4 C milk
Dash of salt and pepper
1/4 C maple syrup
1/4 C shredded cheddar cheese
1. Start with two skillets. In one, cook the bacon to desired crispness. You can crumble it to add in your egg mixture or serve on the side like we do.
2. In the second pan, melt the butter and cook tator-tots on medium-low heat until golden brown.
3. While those are cooking, crack eggs into a bowl and stir in milk, salt, pepper and maple syrup (plus bacon crumbles if you want).
4. Pour over hot golden tator-tots. As eggs set, stir to cook thoroughly.
5. Top with shredded cheese (and more maple syrup if you desire). Serve and enjoy!